|160 km (100 miles) ladies and men||78 km ladies and men|
|100 km ladies and men||24 km ladies and men|
|78 km ladies and men|
|40 km ladies and men|
|25 km ladies and men|
The route map for the 2022 event will be released in early November. The ski routes remain the same, but the bike routes change so that the start and finish are at the Martinselkonen Wilderness Center.
Route map of 2021 event HERE.
Route map as Info map version 2020 HERE.
Distances between service points:
- Hossa – Palosen maja 30 km
- Palosen maja-Arola 24 km
- Arola-Martinselkonen 25 km
- Martinselkonen-Puras 39 km
- Puras-Raate 15 km
- Raate-Maali 25 km
Timetable will be updated here soon!
Accommodation options in Suomussalmi HERE
Bus transportation times and prices:
- Hotel Spa Kiannon Kuohut – Hossa 25€
- Hotel Spa Kiannon Kuohut – Arola 25€
- Hotel Spa Kiannon Kuohut – Martinselkonen 25€
- Hotel Spa Kiannon Kuohut – Puras 15€
- Hotel Spa Kiannon Kuohut – Raatteen Portti 15€
Transportation will be reserved and paid with the registration.
Start and finish of fatbike routes are at Martinselkonen Wilderness Center.
From Kiannon Kuohu, fatbikers can reach Martinselkonen in the joint transport to the starting point, but there is no return transport from Martinselkonen’s finish to Kiannon Kuohu on behalf of the organizer.
Fatbikers have the opportunity to spend the night in Martinselkonen. Inquiries and reservations, email@example.com
EQUIPMENT LIST SUMMARY
- Normal fatbikes and electric fatbikes allowed to participate as long as all of its tires are at least 4.0 inches (102 mm) wide. Recommended tire width at least 4.5 “
- In fatbike sets, a helmet is mandatory.
- A working mobile phone is a must. Note that cold weather limits battery life.
- It is advisable to book a break jacket / other warm clothing for the trip, during the breaks it will suddenly become cold.
- We recommend a frost-resistant drinking system, be it a drinking backpack or at least a drinking bottle inside a jacket, for example.
- Participants on longer trips must have a light.
- The organizer has liability insurance that covers damage to property and personal injuries caused by the organizers’ error.
- Participants are asked to take care of their own personal insurance coverage.
A FULL EQUIPMENT LIST WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE PARTICIPANT INSTRUCTIONS LATER!
SERVICE AND DROP BAGS
Along the route, there are service points on behalf of the organizer at Palolampi Maja, Arola, Martinselkonen, Puras, Raatteen Port and paint. NOTE! The Kuivassalmi service point on the map is not in use. Participants must also be equipped with their own maintenance supplies. At service points, participants have the opportunity to fill Beverage Bottles free of charge. A sports drink is available at the event.
Only water is available at the Palolampi House and Puras service points.
The participants have possibility to get their own service bags (drop bags) delivered to the finish. 160 km skiers (100miles) drop bags can also be delivered to the Martisenselkosen (78km) and Raatteen portti (140km) servicepoints. Participants must leave those drop bags in the organizers bus at the start area and the organizer will transport the bags to Martinselkonen (78km), Raatteen Portti (140km) and finish.
THE PARTICIPANTS MUST TAG THEIR BAGS CLEARLY WITH THEIR OWN COMPETITION NUMBER!
At Kiannon Kuohu, all participants will receive a meal included in the entry fee, which is served by showing your number bib. Cyclists will receive a meal at Martinselkonen.
- 160 km (100 miles) (departure Hossa): Arola / bread and drink, Martinselkonen Wilderness center / soup food, Raatteen Portti / bread and drink, at the finish/ soup.
- 100 km (departure Arola): Martinselkonen Wilderness center / bread and drink (possibility to buy soup food from the Wilderness Center), Raatteen Portti / bread and drink, at the finish / soup.
- 78 km (departure Martinselkonen Wilderness center): Raatteen Portti / bread and drink, at the finish / soup.
- 48 km (departure Puras): Raatteen Portti / bread and drink, at the finish / soup
- 25 km (departure Raatteen Portti): at the finish / soup
TMI A Maaninka participates in the event with a service car!
Successful lubrication and maintenance of skis along the route in the car! If your equipment breaks down during the race, contact the race management (040-411 2256).
For sale include: Skin skis, ski poles, bigger poles, mono protectors, ski gloves, socks, ski boots, headlamps, chemical heaters, bladder patches, thermo-drinking belts.
Supplements: energy gels, energy bars and sports drinks.
The means of payment are card and cash.
GPS-tracking devices for on-line tracking are given for all of the 40km, 78 km, 100 km and 160km skiers. The device must be carried with and switched on throughout the race.
SAFETY AND FIRST AID
There will be one First Aid patrol along the route and one patrol in each service point/finish. In the middle of the wilderness, it takes some time to get help. If you or someone else is injured or needs assistance, call emergency number 112 (serious cases) and ICE numbers marked on the route maps. Attention! ICE number must be stored in the phone´s memory.
When calling help, tell as accurately as possible your location and the closest km-sign. Everyone´s phones must be switched on all the time. Organizers must be able to contact participant by phone when needed (for example if we notice from the GPS tracking that the participant is going to wrong direction). Therefore remember to charge the battery of the mobile phone before the start and keep voices on. For the longer distances, it is useful to have extra battery with you.
Every participant gets memory souvenir prize. Addition to that several lottery prizes will be raffled among the participants.
The prize list will be completed here as the event approaches.
Tel: +358 (0)44 5859 700
Kainuu Regional Sport Association
NOW YOU CAN FIND US ALSO IN FACEBOOK!